Wristbands for SXSW‘s 2020 Music Conference go on sale tomorrow. Here is what you need to know.
- You must provide a valid credit card with funds available to purchase the number of wristbands you request (up to 2).
- The purchaser will provide their name, phone number, email, valid credit card number and expiration date and billing address. The billing zip code must be listed in the approved greater Austin area list.
- A second wristband may be purchased by providing a separate name and email address. These wristbands are non-transferable and nonrefundable.
- Each named person must personally pick up their wristband (which will be put on their wrist at that time) at the Austin Convention Center.
- Each person may only buy one wristband for themselves and one friend. Any person who succeeds in purchasing multiple wristbands will be charged, but will not be able to use them for other people other than the one friend named at the time of purchase. Click here for an approved greater Austin area list.
|PSA: Austinites and friends of Austinites willing to buy things using their credit card in an Austin zip code and hang out with you during Spring Break, SxSW wristbands are on sale at $169.
Thank you for your attention.
You can get your SxSW Music wristbands tomorrow. Same rules as usual – Austin area billing zip code for your plastic, you can buy two wristbands but have to provide the names, you’ll need photo IDs to pick up your wristband which will get snapped on at the start of the conference.
For your $169, you will get access to any venue not at capacity aside from the few showcases that are badge only. I used a wristband last year to get away from FOMO and it was bliss. Go check out someone you have never seen instead of getting barraged by Dorito Taco Loco.
On sale January 22nd at 10am (ATX time), Click here.
In case you are a normal human being and were sleeping, the lineup for this year’s two weekend festival was announced. These are the bands that allegedly will be there both weekends so there is still a little room to play, but the lineup is really good. Sure, you can find things to complain about, but a Lionel Richie sing-along is not allowed to be one of them.
As leaked, The Cure is a big name as is Depeche Mode. If the organizers dare put them up against each other, there may be a guyliner revolt of 40 somethings. Who cares about Muse besides the guys that program bumper music at ESPN?
We do get Atoms For Peace, Wilco, The National, Vampy Weeks, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Tame Impala, Local Natives, Grimes, Portugal. The Man, Divine Fits, Purity Ring, Haim, Smith Westerns, Junip, Phospherescent, Thao & The GDSD, Foxygen, Parquet Courts, Fidlar, Wild Nothing and Electric Six, to name a few.
Wristbands are on sale at 10am. Get in line online. Full list after the break…